Monday, October 28, 2013

IAT - 10-19-13 - Hartland Segment to Delafield Segment

Since my trip the previous weekend got cut short I had an 8 mile gap to fill.  With such a short day I decided to get up early and enjoy the sunrise from Lapham Peak's observation tower.  I was the only up there on a nice 28 degree morning and took lots of pictures - some are below.  After that I drove over to the end of the Lapham segment where I had previously stopped and rode my bike back to Nixon park in the Hartland segment.  From there I hiked back to the car.  Because it was such a short stretch I ran most of the way and didn't carry my camera so no pictures of that route other then boring cell phone pictures I took of signs.  There wasn't much actual trail in the woods to this day.  It was a lot of road trail and paved bike paths so the running worked out good.  Made it back in a little over a hour, picked up my bike, and was on my way home after a short day.

View looking west.

View looking east.

View looking west.

View looking north.

View looking east.

View looking north-west.

View looking north.

View looking east.

Panorama from NW to SW.

Panorama looking north.

Panorama from NW to SW.

No comments:

Post a Comment